silky-frizzle X

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thebanthams, Mar 2, 2012.

1. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Has anyone hatch silkie -frizzles cross? how do they turned out ? Just curious!!!

2. Rachel96

Rachel96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    South Australia
    I have some Silkie/Frizzle chicks (my sister and I refer to them as 'sizzles') at the moment, about 2 1/2 weeks old. I didn't hatch them myself though, although I hope to hatch my own sizzles at some point.

They're very cute and it's interesting to look at them as already the traits of the two different breeds are evident and it's fascinating to see which traits they have and which they don't.

Of six chicks, five have Silkie feet, although in some cases the fourth toe is a little shorter than a normal Silkie. One has four toes on one foot and three on the other, which is a little strange, though. Three of the chicks seem to have normal Frizzle feathers, while the others have Silkie feathers, but they still curl! One of the chicks has a distinct Silkie topknot, while three others have developed smaller tufts on their heads. The other two may or may not develop pom-poms. They all have furry legs, some are very feathery and some just a little bit. One of the chicks is on my profile picture, but you mightn't be able to see it well.

I hope I've helped,
    from Rachel.

3. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Cool !! I have three baby silkies and 3 frizzles. about 3 weeks old. I am hoping I dont have roosters !!! But in that case, I may end up having those kind of breed sizzles !! Thanks !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by