silly baby clothes question.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, Nov 13, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    this is silly but i would like some totally unbiased opinions.

i LOVE making baby clothes. i still make most of my daughters clothing and i plan on making the new little ones clothes as well.

http://www.grammies-attic.com/new-feltman-brothers-pale-blue-daygown-with-embroidered-train.html

is this too feminine for a baby boy?? i am assuming (until i find out for sure next week) that this one is a boy, since i seem to have mainly boys, and i think these look so darling on little newborns but my sister said that they are "sissy" and "gay"
    [​IMG] i could easily make these and they wouldnt be almost 50 dollars either.

at any rate, i dont want anyone thinking my new little one is a girl if he isnt..even though everyone thought my girl was a boy even when she was in a dress, until she was a year old
    [​IMG]

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    If you like it thats all that matters. Its clearly made for a boy, in blue. maybe with a pair of matching pants? Some of my family members didnt like that I had my mom make my youngest son a Baptismal gown instead of a suit but I thought it was cute and it was clearly a boys style. Do what you like and ignore your sisters opinion.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:

I agree! I like it and would have put it on my son.

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    thanks! i just wanted to make sure that it wasnt too feminine..my oldest wore these as a baby and they were just darling.

5. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    If you were considering doing it in pastel pink for a boy then I would say no. lol It looks wonderful and with the little train and the blue color it is just fine for a boy.

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I think its the 'flare' at the bottom that your sis is basing her decision on.

I always put my boys in those day-gowns that came all the way past their toes and then had the drawn string or elastic at the bottom. I just took the strings out for safety. So, I say go for it. If baby is comfy, then mommy is happy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by