Silly bird!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by howfunkyisurchicken, Nov 3, 2011.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    This is my buff frazzle Cochin, Kickin' Chicken. If you ask me, he's quite an ugly fellow. If you ask him, well let's just say he thinks he's the poo, and you can take a whiff for all he cares.
    [​IMG]
    He struts around the run all day like he's the biggest, baddest, most beautiful boy anybody's ever seen. I swear, if the girls could roll their eyes, they would. Anyhoo, he's quite the character. I certainly don't keep him around for his good looks, I'm just sayin' [​IMG] When I let everyone out of the coop this morning, he gave me a good laugh. In fact, I usually get a good chuckle daily at his expense. Poor guy. So I open the door, and everyone comes out and flaps and does their normal chicken thing. Everyone except ol Kickin'. When I peeked inside he was doing something I've never seen a rooster do. He was picking up feathers and placing them on his back. Like a hen does with straw. He's had quite alot of feather breakage, and looks especially awful right now, so I guess it just struck me as funny. Maybe he was cold, and borrowed some feathers to keep warm. Or maybe he's just vain about his feather loss. Either way, I wish I had my camera. He had blue, black and white feathers sticking out everywhere. By the time I did get my camera, he had shaken them all off and come outside. This was all that was left: its covering up the big, bald spot on his butt [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm so glad I brought this boy home, he's definitely one of those special chickens that has a place in my heart forever. Anyone else have an absolute favorite, irreplaceable chook? I have quite a few of them [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Aww thats so funny. I love chickens with needs.

3. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Geeez does he ever have some long legs! Defiantly old dinosaur stock!

4. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    He's so...well...ugly! [​IMG] So he wasn't 'nesting', like a hen? He was trying to make a butt toupee?

5. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] If he were wearing a suit it would be polyester. Poor boy, the girls may not be impressed but he's got your heart and that's the one that matters most. [​IMG]

6. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Quote:X 2

And I must add...He is adorable [​IMG] Maybe I'm just a chicken 'nut', but I have not seen an ugly chicken yet....they are all beautiful in their own way. I'm so happy you can see that, too.

7. Mama duck 8

Mama duck 8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    That chicken has long legs

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I think he's adorable! [​IMG]

9. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I agree! He is just huggable! i think he is cuteeee!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by