Silly Buckeye babies . . . *pic update*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KatyTheChickenLady, May 7, 2009.

1. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Well last night was the first night for the 6 week olds to sleep in the big house.
    They were very upset that I closed the little door to the brooder and kept chasing after me to tell me about it all day yesterday. When I just laughed and told them they were big kids now they gave up on me and ran after every human who came into the yard, yapping up a storm and going back and forth between the human and their brooder, it was pitifully funny, until night came and they instigated a sit-in protest . . . under the coop.
    I had to lay on the river rock and chicken poop and squeeze my arm under to drag out one crying baby at a time (26) and force them to sleep in the big bed . . .
    this morning they are pretending like it never happened.
    lol, this is the best breed I have ever had, they have the most super personalities. They not only recognize me, but they love my husband as well and he never feeds them. I have my doubts about selling any of them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  2. chirpchirp

chirpchirp Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    Michigan
    cool! i really hope that some of my chicks are like that - i've got 25 coming in june. not buckeyes though - it's cool that they are so affectionate. i wouldn't want to sell them either:p

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Great story. Can't wait to see what happens at sunset tonight...

You're making me want buckeyes, Katy.... Maybe we need to set up a trade [​IMG]

4. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:noooooo . . . . you can't have my buckeyes! a trade is the same thing, you can't fool me!!! . . . what do you have? lol . . .

5. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Quote:PSSSSSSTTTT: I have buckeyes going to hatch on the 12th!!!! I live south of you in Missouri!!!! Whatcha got to trade?

6. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:PSSSSSSTTTT: I have buckeyes going to hatch on the 12th!!!! I live south of you in Missouri!!!! Whatcha got to trade?

oooooo . . . where did you get yours from???

7. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa

Hmmm... mouthy teenagers? interested in those? How about clean legged wheaten marans chicks for buckeye chicks? Meet you at Lineville with peepers and pickup fireworks? LOL

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  8. Fudgie

South missouri from a lady down there! I have connections! LOL. [​IMG]

When you are a hatchaholic, you find your egg of choice pretty easily. There are pushers(I mean enablers) out there everywhere! (kind of like drugs for the drug addict!)

9. Fudgie

Hmmm... mouthy teenagers? interested in those? How about clean legged wheaten marans chicks for buckeye chicks? Meet you at Lineville with peepers and pickup fireworks? LOL

Wow that is 2 hours away from me! PM me.....where are you located EXACTLY? There may be backroads that we can get together quicker.

Edited to add. I already have 2 mouthy teenagers. Do yours work and mouth or just mouth. I can handle workers that mouth not lazy mouthers! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  10. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Clean legged Wheaten Marans AND Buckeyes.....heck, I might make that trip to get a few of each!!!

Last edited: May 7, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by