Silly Chicas!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by emandmikey, Jan 27, 2009.

1. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    [​IMG]

So, here's what I saw when I went out to the coop this morning... around 9am... Miss Betty and Cutie Pie were 'sharing' the nest box.... well... sharing is a bit of a generous word... Miss Betty is the Barred Rock, Cutie Pie is a Serama.

[​IMG]

It's a little rediculous don't you think?
    So I added another nest box... and Miss Scarlett decided to check it out (although I don't think she's laying yet - well... maybe she is!)

[​IMG]

Well... I got 4 eggs today, instead of the two we've gotten for the last 4 days...! Some more of my chicas are starting to lay now! Woo Hoo! I got two Serama eggs and two larger Brown eggs! Yay!

2. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Yayy you!! Miss Scarlett sure is pretty.[​IMG]

Paula

3. emandmikey

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Thank you - I think she's pretty too, she's my Rhode Island Red. She started doing the 'squat' about a week ago, and then Miss Betty did too... Miss Betty started laying eggs 3 days ago... I think Miss Scarlett may have layed one today for the first time!

Is that a frizzle cochin? Your profile chick is really pretty!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I love RIR's. I think Miss Scarlett has started laying or is about to. She looks ready.

5. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:I have 1 RIR who is laying, and I just picked up 5-2-month olds, and 6-3 wk olds a couple of weeks ago. I really like the RIRs. They're good layers. Yeah, that's Katie Lou, my bantam frizzle cochin. Thanks. She's filled out alot since that pic, and she has also started laying recently. Hoping to go and get her a "boyfriend" this weekend. I found someone locally who raises bantam cochins, and has really nice ones.

Paula

6. emandmikey

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Yeah - Miss Betty and Miss Scarlett are the two 'standard' size pullets I have that have the bright red combs and waddles. All of the others have light pink. My two bantams (seramas) are both sporting the really red combs and waddles too. I know one is laying, but I got two bantam eggs today and two brown eggs, so I think that maybe all of them are laying now... I can't wait to see who's next! LOL

7. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    LOVE the picture of Miss Betty with Cutie Pie. How adorable is that??!!! Congratulations on getting 4 eggs today. That is sooo exciting, isn't it?!

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Thanks for sharing. Nice birds. [​IMG]

9. minifarm8

minifarm8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Hagerstown, MD
    It's so nice that you taught them to share!

Very cute pics. Nice variety of chickies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by