Silly chicken behaviors - what makes you laugh?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ShockValue, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ShockValue

ShockValue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    West Sound, Washington
    I feel bad for the girls because we're getting some pretty heavy rain here in Western Washington (Surprise, I know...)

They make me laugh though, because when I open the pop door in the morning and all come racing out.. Notice it's raining, and then hide UNDER the coop.

So they move from a 4x8 coop with a roost, bedding, food and water.. To being stuffed under the coop with almost no space and no amenities.. They sit there all day until it's dark, then go back in the coop.

[​IMG]

What are some things that your birds to that make you laugh?

[​IMG]

2. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Hi ShockValue [​IMG]

My coop is a converted garden shed, and has a wire door at the front which I go and open up at about 8.30am each day so that everyone can go into the run for the day.

Anyway, I have one girl who is so keen to get out into the run, that as soon as she sees me coming she starts launching herself at the door to get out! I don't think she quite gets it that I have to actually open it first!

I'm sure she spends the first part of her morning with a mild concussion each day! [​IMG]

- Krista

3. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Speaking of rain, my girls have NO common sense. They stand out there in driving rain, looking like drowned rats, until it gets dark. Then they go up to roost in the evening and drip-dry! Your girls sound much more sensible than my crazy crackers!

- Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by