Silly chicken.....in the kitchen..........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gabby3535, Nov 21, 2009.

1. gabby3535

gabby3535 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is Goldie, one of my chickens (a Golden Comet).......in my kitchen.....
    [​IMG]
    She will follow me right in the back door, and go exploring, throughout the house!
    She'll also hop in the car with me, if I leave the door open........(one day soon I'm
    going to take her for a spin!)
    She has so much personality, is afraid of nothing, and is first in line for everything.
    She's a funny chicken.
    I love her!

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Just like my Queenie!

I took a ~7 week old BSL cockerel named Stripey on a field trip tonight. I just put him in a sweatshirt to keep him still in the truck (it was dark so he was good)
    I think chickens like country music!

3. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Awww... Cute.

I had a little chick that always escaped from the brooder (which was a dog kennel, so I have no idea how she did it...). She would go walking past, and I'm like, "Huh?!". Then I'm running around trying to catch the little bugger before the cats do.
    Turns out, if you sigh in exasperation and walk the other way, they hop onto your shoe and allow themselves to be put back in the brooder. Who knew? [​IMG]

Chickens sure are fun, aren't they? [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    She's saying "Hey mom, where's the treats?"

Too funny. I'm sure my RIR would follow me into my kitchen if given the chance.

5. It is amazing that some chickens will become a nosy friend. I have had a few and they all seem to have a different personality. Crazy chickens, ya gotta love 'em.

6. cobrien

cobrien Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Oakland, CA
    I had one once that came into the house whenever the door was open. One day I opened a drawer (that I am sometimes too lazy to close) and found an egg in there! She laid an egg on top of my jeans!

7. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    [​IMG]

8. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I've got one that looks just like her ( and sounds like they act the same) I call her Ginger. In my "younger" coop, I've got an EE who acts similar, her name is Muffie!

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by