Silly Chickens!

newbie32

Songster
6 Years
Aug 16, 2013
Low Desert, CA
I have read all kinds of ideas about what to give for treats. Many ideas I have already tried-spaghetti and watermelon and such. I thought they were funny with the spaghetti and they like herbs like mint and cilantro and basil. BUT one day a few weeks ago I bought string cheese from the store. I took it outside and shredded it like most kids do. They were mildly interested
hmm.png
. So I held the pieces on one end and started to swing them around in circular motions. That got there attention! It was chicken football!
wee.gif
they chased each other down for the pieces hehe! Only one or two will grab things from my hand and then the rest will chase those ones down. If they steal the treat then the original one or two will come back for more.

NOT TODAY! I brought out another piece of string cheese and even my most timid chicken went diving for my hand!! They would gobble them up and then chase around the others until they noticed I was holding another piece-then come snatch it out of my hand. HAHA they LOVE string cheese!

That's hilarious, never would have thought of string cheese. Lol. Mine all love pomegranates. It helps that we have a never ending supply right outside their coop in the tree. Very convenient. The only problem is our two pot bellied pigs also like them, and as pigs will be pigs, it can get a little crazy sometimes. Your whole football with cheese? yeah, our pigs with pomegranates. Lol. They alone could eat the whole tree if they could stand on their hind legs.
barnie.gif
Lol.

That's hilarious, never would have thought of string cheese. Lol. Mine all love pomegranates. It helps that we have a never ending supply right outside their coop in the tree. Very convenient. The only problem is our two pot bellied pigs also like them, and as pigs will be pigs, it can get a little crazy sometimes. Your whole football with cheese? yeah, our pigs with pomegranates. Lol. They alone could eat the whole tree if they could stand on their hind legs.
barnie.gif
Lol.

LMAO so you pretty much don't get any for yourselves!

Back
Top Bottom