Silly dog! You need thumbs for that

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Dec 18, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH just left for work. DSD left at the same time as her Dad. Jax always gets a little crazy during these times, as he hates for "his people" to go outside the yard fence without him. Being a GSD, his people have to be where he can protect them at all times. In fact, on several occasions when DSD has tried to leave, Jax has gently taken her by the arm and tried to keep her in the yard. She's one of his favorite peeps and he treats her like a child that needs to be tended to.
    So DH walks out to his patrol car outside the fence and finds that the battery is dead. As soon as I heard the click-click, I headed back to the house to grab my jeep keys to jump his car off.
    Rather than bring Jax back in the house and put him in his crate while we opened the big gate, I just opened the back of my jeep and told him to load up while I got my keys and the jumper cables.
    I backed out of the yard, jumped off the battery in DH's car, drove back in the yard and closed the gate before letting Jax out of my jeep.
    He was out for a few seconds before he realized he got jipped and didn't really get to go bye bye anywhere.
    I started walking back up to the front door, thinking Jax was behind me and he wasn't. He was standing with his front paws on the back bumper of my jeep, trying to open the hatch door with his teeth.
    I almost didn't have the heart to tell him you need thumbs for that.
    Silly boy! So smart, yet lacking thumbs. [​IMG]

2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    LOL DD said one day he's going to learn how to drive, and then you're in trouble. LOL Thanks for sharing your cute story with us.

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    cute story

4. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    Let's hope in the next life the powers that be give him thumbs to make up for all his frustration, lol

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Let's hope [​IMG] I'm mentally preparing myself for having two of these beasts in the house. The only reason I can't leave Jax unattended in the house right now is because he knows where the christmas presents are and he wants his NOW.

6. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I think I am VERY thankful my dogs don't have thumbs. The hoodlums would be in never ending mischief!

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    My cats know where they're Christmas presents are too. [​IMG] The dogs haven't figured it out yet, since their gifts are upstairs and they are not allowed.

What one of my dogs HAS figured out to do, is to get in the dog food bin that has the 2 handles that lock on the sides.... he's 100 lbs. and won't quit. I'm going to have to lock the bin in the bathroom or something?

Crazy dogs.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Well I had to put the cat's stockings up out of reach. Jax found them.

Sorry, about the doggie slobber girls.

Hmm, what would have happened had he eaten their christmas presents....pawbreakers (balls made of baked catnip)?

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Then he'd have green poop?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by