Northern CA
34566_leftovers-4.jpg

Love the wings in this shot!
gig.gif

34566_leftovers-5.jpg

34566_leftovers-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
No wine they are just silly. They get so excited every time the see us that they run around and fall on the ground and dance. They are just the most comical animals I have ever seen. You need a couple or three!

That's so funny! i didn't know they were so personable. It must be the hand raising that makes them so friendly.

We just got three Sebastopol goslings who are living in our office right now, as it's too cold outside. They are adorable, but babies are very exhausting. i think these three geese will complete our farm.

Would love to see a video of your emus acting silly and falling over. i bet you would win the funniest home video contest.

Mary, I am just now acting upon a desire for some geese, please do not get me going on Emus!
lol.png

Thankfully, my brain knows .62 acre is nowhere near enough space to raise any emus. Whew! I will just have to get my "emus are cute" fix from your posts.

Quote:
Where did you end up buying your property Linda? Have you moved yet or are you staying in Sac for awhile? I have read that a run for an emu is ok as long as it is 100 feet long. I just can't imagine my little guys being happy in that after experiencing acres to play in. Maybe if they start out in a small run they don't know the difference.

Emus... emus are just that.. Emus... My Emus chicks are INSANE!!! My German Shepard lives with 4 baby Emus... Yes, they get along. Any hoo... My German shepard will be walking by one... and the Emu sees my dog and lets the dog walk past him, then the Emu stands tall and hisses and waives his little Trex arms!!! They are funny funny birds.. I love them!

Quote:
Where did you end up buying your property Linda? Have you moved yet or are you staying in Sac for awhile? I have read that a run for an emu is ok as long as it is 100 feet long. I just can't imagine my little guys being happy in that after experiencing acres to play in. Maybe if they start out in a small run they don't know the difference.

I bought up in Somerset, south east, I think, of Placerville. 2,080 feet elevation. Property needs well work, a new well pump, propane piping re-done, tank installed, etc., so I'm not living there. I do spend a night or two on some weekends. I anticipate a major flock move in mid-July.

It's ALL front (and side) yard; the house is danged near built on the back property line. Well, 15 feet away from it... The property is slanted, with terracing, and when I get it fenced, I imagine any emu could jump the fence after a good run down the front yard.

Darn it.

Quote:

I bought up in Somerset, south east, I think, of Placerville. 2,080 feet elevation. Property needs well work, a new well pump, propane piping re-done, tank installed, etc., so I'm not living there. I do spend a night or two on some weekends. I anticipate a major flock move in mid-July.

It's ALL front (and side) yard; the house is danged near built on the back property line. Well, 15 feet away from it... The property is slanted, with terracing, and when I get it fenced, I imagine any emu could jump the fence after a good run down the front yard.

Darn it.

No kidding Darn it! The emu breeder lives in Somerset!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom