Silly girl...what is she thinking?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chester Hen, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Chester Hen

Chester Hen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    Yorktown, Virginia
    My EE, Aubrey, is about nine months old. She was the first of the six to lay an egg...right about 18-20 weeks old, I think. After laying regularly for 5-6 weeks, she stopped. I figured it was because the days were getting shorter...didn't think too much about it, except that several more sisters started laying after she stopped. Aubrey started laying again about a month ago and then stopped again about a week and a half ago. Well, the last three or four evenings (at dusk) she has decided she is going to sleep on the patio table. She never lounges on the table at other times during the day. I went out there to tuck them in Saturday or Sunday and count only 5 fuzzy butts on the roost...Aubrey is MIA. After a brief heart attack, I remember she is probably "roosting" on the table and go and get her and stuff her in the coop. She is not happy to be moved. It just struck me today that this odd behavior also occurred after she quit laying the first time. I want to say she tried to sleep on the table for about two weeks before giving up. I can't remember how close to her quitting laying the first time that she started sleeping on the table, but there has to be a connection there. I wonder what she is thinking. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    If only my iphone had a bird language translater.......I would just ask her! [​IMG]

3. Chester Hen

Chester Hen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    Yorktown, Virginia
    LOL! That would sooo come in handy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by