1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silly Khaki

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Robbo, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Robbo

Robbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2013
    Idaho
    My Khaki Ducky must be getting Broody for her fist time. She lays in the coop with the chickens but instead of a nest box she built her own nest in the middle of the floor bedding. Well the nest has gotten fancy now with feathers, ect. She also has been collected eggs. Not only is she laying hers in the nest... well she has rolled the fake eggs in her nest and she is now taking the chicken eggs being laid in the morning and rolling them into her nest and hiding them in the nest sides.

I know they are usually bad layers so I assume she wont do well or maybe that is why she does the next bit but she doesn't lay on them yet. She will for about 10 minutes and come out for hours and hours and then go check on them again, maybe sit for 5 minutes and leave. I have still been collected them daily, I just noticed today she keeps taking the chicken eggs too, they aren't laying in her nest she is gathering them, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by