1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silly man! Liver treats are for dogs!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 2, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So, I just spent another night at the police dept. We're socializing the puppy while my DH gets caught up on some work.
    I pull out a bag of homemade liver rewards to show off the puppy's tricks. They rewards are made from liver (of course), cornmeal, flour, eggs and garlic.
    One of the sgts. grabs the bag and offers 5 bucks to any of the (off duty) junior officers who would eat one of the rewards.
    Either I'm a better cook than I thought I was or the city isn't paying these guys enough. [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Kat I thought of you today when I ran into a fence because I was looking at the ground and all the pretty rocks.

ETA: In front of about 75 people.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG] At least when I do it there's only a bunch of cows around to witness it. Man you oughta hear those heifers snicker! [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

6. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Kat you don't think DH is talking about your cooking down at the precinct do ya? [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats hilarious! Guess they'll eat just about anything? [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] At least when I do it there's only a bunch of cows around to witness it. Man you oughta hear those heifers snicker! [​IMG]

On the upside, I DID find two really cool pieces of white quartz.

Note to self: take lunch break at construction site more often.

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:There's this little cop. I call him the Baby Cop and make jokes about him having to buy his uniforms in the boy's dept. He's cute, in a boyish kind of way. He snatched one of those treats up, swallowed it down and was looking around for more.
    He's a newlywed, but I had no idea his wife hadn't learned to cook yet. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Boy, aren't we finding out lots about the women of BYCs taste in men tonight! Redhen's a badge bunny and You! like men in hard hats. [​IMG]

Why is the song YMCA running thru my head? [​IMG]

This farm is loaded down with quartz. Jax and I bring one piece home from our walk every day to line Charlie Girl's gravesite with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by