Silly Nosey Neighbor...

newchickmom09

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2009
ARIZONA
Well yesterday the kids and I were outside playing and I saw my neighbor that lives behind us across the alley standing on her porch. She is an elderly lady that lives by herself and really doesn't come outside but to take out her garbage. She just kept staring and watching us for a long time. It had started to rain (AZ rain which means it will stop in 10 min.) so we sat under our patio and I started to whistle to the ducks. Anytime it rains the love to play in it. Well they came running out and started to play in the puddles and then in our pond. Well the rain stopped and the kids ran back out to play in the puddles while they lasted.
roll.png
As soon as we went out into the yard I see the lady start to walk over to my fence. She just stood at my fence so I walked over and said hello. She then said, "I saw two!!! ducks in your yard and was wondering if you wanted me to call the game and fish or animal control or police to come and remove them!" She was very worked up about this and very serious. She then said "I have been seeing two little things running around your yard and thought they might be kittens but today I could finaly tell they were DUCKS" Then she continued to tell me that it was illegal to have wild ducks in my yard and around my kids, they carry so many germs. I had to stop her there. I told her they weren't wild ducks, they could never live in the wild because they can't fly or even run fast they they are breed for captivity to be pets. She looked at me in shock. I told her that I clean up after them everday so they don't spread germs or anything bad. All of a sudden her face totaly changed and turned into a smile. Then she repeted everything I just told her about them being pets not just some ducks that landed in my yard. She said that she had no idea that there were ducks like that and then ask what there names where.
roll.png
Then she appologised (sp) and said she didn't know and thought it was great to have so many animals for my kids to grow up with.
tongue.png

That is what happens when you have a silly nosey neighbor.
lau.gif

I wonder if she lived in the city all her life? I wonder what she would think about the possum that lived under our house one year, lol, or the armadillo that lived there the next year
roll.png

Well at least she was open to listening and understand, she was just misinformed is all, there are allot of them out there LOL. But at least the story had a happy ending. Congrats on your first convert LOL.

AL

Glad your nosey neighbor story had a happy ending. It's a shame more don't. I think people with nosey neighbors should become nudists and see how much looking the neighbors do then!

She is a little off but what do you expect when you hit 80+ years old and never new you could have pet ducks.
idunno.gif
At first I was worried she was going to still insist on making a huge deal over ducks being in my back yard. I am glad all it took was a little education.

Quote:
roll.png
so sick of all the city comments. We have possums, coons and all in the city as well! Were NOT idiots~

She apparently lives under a rock, lol Maybe fraggle rock

OP, don't trust her!

Sillystunt:OP, don't trust her!

Yea, her D-I-L is the lady in town that drives around and calls the county on people for there yards and crazy stuff.
Just busy bodies.

At least she can't tell a kitten from a 13 week old duck...
duc.gif
Can't complain about someone owning a bunch of kitties. LOL​

Back
Top Bottom