Silly question about breed/variety (?)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Snowflake1120, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Snowflake1120

Snowflake1120 New Egg

Apr 30, 2009
    S/E Wisconsin
    I called up the feed mill near my home to find out which breeds they carry, and one of the types I was told was something called a Sunnyside black. I have NO IDEA what that means. I think the man told me it's a type of bantam, but I'm not quite sure. I'm really quite confused because in all the research on breeds and varieties I've done, I have never heard of or found any type of chicken called that. This man has been involved in livestock for many many years, and I don't think he would make something up (I've known him for years, and have bought rabbit feed from that feed mill for quite some time). Does anyone have any idea as to what that means? Thank you [​IMG]

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I've never heard of that either. I googled it and it doesn't bring anything up either [​IMG] I hope you figure it out!

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Best guess would be some sort of black sex-link. Ask what hatchery they get chicks from and if they have a website--maybe you'll find out more and be able to educate us [​IMG]

4. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
  5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Oh, the hatchery is Sunnyside; from the description is sounds like a black sex-link.

6. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Yep, just a black sex link that is all. It is funny how the next sex link is sold a a asian specialty market chicken. Um asian like black meat chickens and a black sex link does not have that, only silkies and thier offspring do mostly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by