Silly rooster...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by corgiscatsandchickens, Oct 4, 2011.

1. corgiscatsandchickens

corgiscatsandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Gallifrey
    Magellan (ok, we call him Madge) is honestly the sweetest rooster I've ever known. 6 months old now and still not on a testosterone high, never has seriously challenged me or DH, (we try to nip any aggressive behaviors in the bud before they really start) but he has a new passion that is just ridiculous.
    He likes to be picked up and held -- on his back!
    I decided a few days ago to see if he would let me roll him over, because I had a hen when I was a kid that used to let me do that. He didn't just *let* me, this silly rooster just adored being carried around like a baby! He comes to me and beggs to be picked up. Once I turn him over on his back, he looks me in the eye and makes what sounds like baby chirps, its hilarious!
    Anybody else have a nutty rooster like this?

2. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Only a testerone-filled teenager cockeral here.....

He's good to his girls (protector) - even tried to growl off a baby bunny that was sitting outside their fenced run yesterday! [​IMG]

Crazy boy....

3. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Life is Good! :

Only a testerone-filled teenager cockeral here.....

He's good to his girls (protector) - even tried to growl off a baby bunny that was sitting outside their fenced run yesterday! [​IMG]

Crazy boy....

X2​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by