Silly Thanksgiving Turkey question

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by tls_ranch, Nov 19, 2009.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

OK, so I jumped the gun and bought my frozen (yah I know, frozen) Thanksgiving turkey a little early a few days ago. I forgot about it and left in the back of the fridge meaning to make room in the freezer for it. [​IMG] It is now almost thawed out and Thanksgiving is still days away! Will it still be good to cook on Thanksgiving after being thawed so long?

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    yes, just keep it in the fridge. and check the night before it may still even have ice in the inside.

3. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Thanks,
    I feel so stupid to forget about something as big as a turkey. We just moved and there is so much to do! It's been amost two weeks and we still are sitting on the floor because our new couches haven't arrived yet (2 weeks late so far). Heck they won't even be here until the Nov 24th and I have company coming from several states away this weekend. I don't have anywhere for them to sit! The turkey kinda slipped my mind. [​IMG]

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    get some furniture from rent a center. it will be cheap as you only need it for a week and they will pick up and dleiver for free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by