Silly turken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debilorrah, Feb 1, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our turken, all of 10 ounces, is bound and determined to hatch eggs. Problem is we aren't getting enough yet to let her do it. This morning she was in the birds favorite nesting box and I decided to check under her. FOUR EGGS! That little bird was sitting on 4 big eggs from our BO's and RIR's!!!!

I am aslo afraid to see what hatches from a turken hen and blue laced red wyandotte roo..... That would be weird!

2. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

C'mon, everything that hatches from Turken eggs is weird even if it's just a Turken! And I say that as a proud Turken owner...

3. debilorrah

My turken is cute!

[​IMG]

4. crazy hen quartet

crazy hen quartet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Chandler AZ
    OM gosh, that Turken is ridiculously cute!! [​IMG] What is her name?

5. debilorrah

HAHA! Thank you! Her name is Pot Pie. And she is a little delinquent too. Steals the treats from birds three times her size. [​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That's one of those things when you say it's so ugly it's adorable! Apparently pretty clever and bold as brass. If she had thumbs, she could post on BYC!

Debi, loan her a couple of your finger extensions..... [​IMG]

7. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    Just hatched out 10 chicks, three were naked necks. Two were the red naked necks that I raise, but the third looks to be red Naked Neck hen with black wyandotte bantam roo.

8. debilorrah

I will let her hatch some in the spring just to see what they look like!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by