Silver/blue coturnix quail

JOEL1994

Hatching
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
Ive just hatched a batch of jap quail and have around 5 blue/silver coturnix quail. Is this rare?
How will i continue to breed them this colour? I heard its a lethal gene from a wild type produced by some birds and that you need to breed them with normal wild types to produce the same colours again? Is this true? if so would i breed a blue/silver female with a male wild type or a blue/silver male with a female wild type? thanks
picture isn't mine though looked identical as a hatchling.

Goncalo moreira, who sells eggs on eBay and can be found on facebook, has them as well as other rare colors and breeds them. He is from new Jersey and is a great guy
Goncalo Breeds 2 meat class coturnix, and is working on 2 more meat class lines. If I remember correctly he breeds about 20 colors total.

Ive just hatched a batch of jap quail and have around 5 blue/silver coturnix quail. Is this rare?
How will i continue to breed them this colour? I heard its a lethal gene from a wild type produced by some birds and that you need to breed them with normal wild types to produce the same colours again? Is this true? if so would i breed a blue/silver female with a male wild type or a blue/silver male with a female wild type? thanks
picture isn't mine though looked identical as a hatchling.
I see now that this is old but I breaded my silver male with other colors and got a lot that look like silver daddy

Never breed silver to silver. I was hoping my silver was a male but nope and I dont have a normal male to put over her atm

Attachments

• 0629222014.jpg
    0629222014.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom