Silver Blue Moderns are coming North!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by VI KING RANCH, Oct 25, 2011.

1. VI KING RANCH

VI KING RANCH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    I have a trio of silver blue moderns coming to our farm on October 31! This is the only trio of silver blues that are known to be in canada and they where brought back from a show in the states. They have already creamed the Moderns up here so I am stoked to be getting them....but they are coming at a GIANT price....I will be selling alot of birds to get these three lol

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I wasnt aware it was.that difficult to get birds into canada. I am working on silver blues myself, good luck with them.

3. VI KING RANCH

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    Quote:It is a NIGHTMARE oh man i coulkd go on for hours about it being such a pain in the but.

4. VI KING RANCH

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    GotGame,

Do you have any pics ofyour silver blues that you could share?

5. GotGame

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I will get some pics and put on here. Do you have any pics of yours?

6. VI KING RANCH

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    Quote:Thanks! No I get mine about 13 days...not that I'm counting! I will post Pics as soon as I get them.

7. GotGame

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    The pics aren't very good, a cold spell is comin through. I only have the silver blue cockerel and the silver blue sport pullet. I am putting him over two birchen hens, which should give me 50% silver blue, and the sport under a birchen cock, which will produce100% silver blue. The rest of my moderns are molting, will get pics later. The pyles and bbs are my wifes..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. VI KING RANCH

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    Quote:Oh my she is lovely. And it looks like some one needs a dubbinng before winter strikes.

9. VI KING RANCH

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    Have you heard that Troy Laroche has devoled black comed Bichen Cocks now! He has been working very hard for this and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

10. GotGame

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Ya, i really like that pullet and the cockerel is gonne be dubbed pretty soon. I have heard about the black combed moderns, and spoke to him about them. The thing is the standard does not call for a black face, it calls for mulberry face.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by