Silver Blue Sizzicauna

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dbook, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dbook

dbook Hatching

May 5, 2013
    I have had about 5 of these hatch so far, sadly two of the chicks were killed this week by something. But I have a sizzle rooster and an aracauna hen that make this crazy crossbreed. Atleast thats my guess so far, I know it has to be the sizzle cause hes the only one with an extra toe.

2. dbook

dbook Hatching

May 5, 2013
    And it has the puffed out cheeks too, any ideas? Id like to hatch a couple more to start breeding them, unless its already a chicken breed?

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    If you used a true araucana (tail-less mother) most the babies should be tail-less at this point. I have done this cross with a pure araucana rooster over pure silkie hens. Most the offspring came off tail-less. I have since crossed the offspring to pure silkies and I have gotten them back to silkie feathers, but alot are still coming off tail-less.

Your puffy cheeks could be from the silkie rooster (my silkie hens are muffed and bearded) I had one chick come off of the first cross (silkie hen x araucana rooster) that had the araucana tufts, even thou the father (araucana) didn't have any on him.

good luck

4. dbook

dbook Hatching

May 5, 2013
    i wonder if it might be a cross with my black australorp? never checked the egg color, kinda helpful hahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: