Silver Button Quail hen

Discussion in 'Quail' started by GuineaFowling, Nov 21, 2014.

1. GuineaFowling

GuineaFowling Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    It is with a heavy heart that I post this but I have decided that it must go through. I only ever keep two button quail at a time because they do better in pairs. My little silver hen just recently lost her bonded male to a opossum. Since then she has been in the house playing and exploring. I raised her from a day old and she is a year and a half old. I really want to keep her but understand that it would be selfish since I do not plan on getting another quail for her. She is really sweet and tame for a button quail. She does not enjoy being held but will sit in you hand once you have caught her. She is not afraid of people and will walk around you and eat from your palm. She loves to eat yogurt, millet, and fruits as treats. I usually let her out of her cage and she explores the room and just 'hangs' with my family. Because she has no other quail she hates being alone. With her mate she laid an egg everyday but since he was eaten she lays on and off. She is currently not laying eggs. I would love for her to go to a home were she has a mate in her own separate enclosure because she doesnt get along with other quail once she is bonded. I had her in a large outdoor pen that was 5' x 3.5' with her and her mate in it alone. She might get along if you have a large enclosure to put her in where she could get some privacy and her own space. She is a lovely little quail and I will miss her dearly. Her beak is a bit messed up because she was in a scuffle with a larger bird but it does not stop her from eating, drinking, and being a regular quail. She has had no contact with chickens and is in perfect health.

There is a rehoming fee. Let me know if you are interested.

I live in central cali.

2. GuineaFowling

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GuineaFowling

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    [​IMG]

She is very tame and sweet

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  4. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    good luck re-homing your baby. she is sure pretty.

5. GuineaFowling

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    Thank you.

6. SterlingRanch

SterlingRanch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2007
    Allen, Tx
    I have one that looks just like her.

7. mrsfluff100

mrsfluff100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    I wish i lived closer... I would taker her

8. TheWeeBee

TheWeeBee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2012
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Oh she's precious!!! I would take her in a heartbeat so she could be with my male silver button, Biscuit. I hope you can find her a good home!

9. GuineaFowling

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    Thank you all. I too hope she finds the perfect home.

10. GuineaFowling

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    Good news. Kili has found a lovely home today. A lady who has a male who lost its mate came and picked her up. She will be housed with the male and two finches. I hope she is content with being in a cage now since she had roam of the house. Heheheh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by