Silver Campine or Silver Penciled Egyptian Fayoumi?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Darlagips, May 25, 2012.

1. Darlagips

Darlagips In the Brooder

Feb 1, 2012
    Splendora, TX
    Can someone help me decide what breed this chicken is? I got a "Rare Breed Pullet Special" from Ideal Poultry the first of February. So this chick is 4 months old. I didn't take this picture sideways, but I can't figure out how to rotate it. The white feathers go all the way around the neck. Thanks in advance! Darla[​IMG]

2. popsicle

popsicle Songster

Looking like a Campine to me

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    It also looks like a Fayoumi. lol Maybe someone can enlighten us on how to tell the difference!

4. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    it's a Campine. The ears are white on this breed, as opposed to the red ears that Fayoumis have

5. Darlagips

Darlagips In the Brooder

Feb 1, 2012
    Splendora, TX
    Thank you guys

6. ChicksandWeeds

ChicksandWeeds Chirping

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    my Fayoumis have white ears - some think the Campine is a descendent of the Fayoumi brought north way back when the Romans came up from the south ...and they brought it from Egypt ....i suppose these day they could do genetic testing though ...

7. Veer67

Veer67 Songster

I would say a Silver Campine because of the earlobe color and Egyptian Fayoumis are more delicate looking and skinnier than than Campines.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    She's a Campine. They do look very similar though! Pretty bird, I love her coloration.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: