Silver Cayugas

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Livinzoo, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I just recently found out about silver cayugas and wonder if that is what I ended up with. So if any one can tell me more about them or send me some links I would appreciate it.

Here are some pics of them with the blue and black cayugas as day olds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I dont think they have silver, I know they have blues, that may look like silver, but I dont no for sure. Try to look them up on feathersite.com..........

3. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Sandhill says this about their blue Cayugas

Blue Cayuga: Large size, deep blue color, truly striking in appearance. Remember with all blue fowl, some non-blue offspring occur. The 25% that are a silver color from this mating are also rather attractive in appearance. Select away from the ones which occasionally show white in the body.

4. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I would think it would be possible genetically speaking to get a small percentage of silver (splash too). The duckling in the front looks a lot like a lightly colored Blue Swedish. I would imagine that the genetics are similar for Blue Cayugas although I don't have any personal experience with them. It will be interesting to see how those lighter ones turn out. I am sure they will be beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by