Silver Dorking eggs - Purebred and Rare NC

NCIndiaBlue

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
NC
This auction is for 6 purebred Silver Dorking hatching eggs. They are fed Purina Flock Raiser feed, scratch grains and a few times a week, cat food for extra protein and vitamins and minerals added to their water for a strong immune system. I'm happy to answer any questions.

IMG00143.jpg

IMG00158.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Right now I only have two laying hens, I have some younger ones that should be laying soon, but I would be afraid that by the time I obtained that many eggs, they may be too old. They are each laying an egg a day. I will be glad when I have than many hens though, they are one of my favorite breeds.

Oh wow! I love silver dorkings! Going to be moving for the first half of the year (hubby is coming back from deployment, but then we're moving to Louisiana), but I would like to keep in touch because I really want some silver dorkings once we settle down!

Quote:
Sure, please do keep in touch, I plan on keeping them, and congrats on your husband coming back! We all appreciate what he's doing for us.

Would you mind telling me where you got your original birds? I mean, hatchery, or either show or conservation breeder? I'm not getting any eggs to hatch until spring, at least, and I'm trying to find some closer that I can pick up, but if I don't find any, you're closer than most I've found.

Last edited:
What color are your eggs? I hear Silver Dorkings lay blue eggs, and the examples I've seen are amazing - Are these blue or white?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom