Silver Dorking eggs - Purebred and Rare NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NCIndiaBlue, Jan 23, 2010.

1. NCIndiaBlue

NCIndiaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    This auction is for 6 purebred Silver Dorking hatching eggs. They are fed Purina Flock Raiser feed, scratch grains and a few times a week, cat food for extra protein and vitamins and minerals added to their water for a strong immune system. I'm happy to answer any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. The Chickinn

The Chickinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    When would there possibly be 2 or 3 dozen eggs for me to purchase, or is that out-of-the-question?

3. NCIndiaBlue

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    Quote:Right now I only have two laying hens, I have some younger ones that should be laying soon, but I would be afraid that by the time I obtained that many eggs, they may be too old. They are each laying an egg a day. I will be glad when I have than many hens though, they are one of my favorite breeds.

4. The Chickinn

The Chickinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    Oh, OK, Iam sadly not interested then.

5. NCIndiaBlue

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    Quote:No problem, thanks for your interest!

6. Bebop

Bebop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh wow! I love silver dorkings! Going to be moving for the first half of the year (hubby is coming back from deployment, but then we're moving to Louisiana), but I would like to keep in touch because I really want some silver dorkings once we settle down!

7. NCIndiaBlue

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    Quote:Sure, please do keep in touch, I plan on keeping them, and congrats on your husband coming back! We all appreciate what he's doing for us.

8. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    Would you mind telling me where you got your original birds? I mean, hatchery, or either show or conservation breeder? I'm not getting any eggs to hatch until spring, at least, and I'm trying to find some closer that I can pick up, but if I don't find any, you're closer than most I've found.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    What color are your eggs? I hear Silver Dorkings lay blue eggs, and the examples I've seen are amazing - Are these blue or white?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by