Silver Duckwing OEGB, or not?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by UrbanPolish, Apr 14, 2009.

1. UrbanPolish

UrbanPolish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    A friend gave me a pair of Silver Duckwing OEGB, and recently he gave me another hen he got with a pair of Black Rosecombs. The two from the pair he gave me have red-ish colored legs, but the third, a hen, has blue colored legs, though she's otherwise colored exactly like the first hen. Is this just genetic, or is the third hen not a Silver Duckwing?

((Might be a dumb question, but eh, oh well))

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Silver duckwings (As all OEGBs excluding the dark colors such as blues, blacks, mille fluers, etc) should have white legs.. and you can see red on a lot of them because...can't remember what they're called but im going to say veins. and they should be single combed (nothing else..) a picture would help. but with blue legs she would have to be a different breed or at least a cross of two breeds/Varietys

-Daniel

3. UrbanPolish

UrbanPolish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Muchos gracias!

The first pair definitely have white, not just red, on their legs. I appreciate the answer!

If anyone else reads this, would it be a good idea to keep her with my two with white legs? (I know, technically this question should be asked under the breeding section...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by