1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Duckwing Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Autosexingwares, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Autosexingwares

Autosexingwares Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2013
    anybody knows who breed these color? or if anybody is working with such color?

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I have yet to see a silver duckwing wyandotte, and wyandottes come in every color possible, I dont know why is not popular if its such a nice color, specially when you have full lacing on the bright Salmon breast.. I think thats because most wyandotte carry eb/eb instead and few if any carry e+/e+ wildtype(salmon breast) the closest I've seen that carry wildtype is the Red Pyle Wyandotte project birds, they would resemble gold duckwing(or black breasted reds) [​IMG] the dominance of e+ over eb would make this project quite easy to pull off

3. Autosexingwares

Autosexingwares Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2013
    Quote:I have yet to see a silver duckwing wyandotte, and wyandottes come in every color possible, I dont know why is not popular if its such a nice color, specially when you have full lacing on the bright Salmon breast..

I think thats because most wyandotte carry eb/eb instead and few if any carry e+/e+ wildtype(salmon breast) the closest I've seen that carry wildtype is the Red Pyle Wyandotte project birds, they would resemble gold duckwing(or black breasted reds)

[​IMG]

the dominance of e+ over eb would make this project quite easy to pull off

thanks, thats interesting, I dont like the lacing so plain old silver duckwing would be best, how would you go about breeding them? I ask you this because you seem to know it before hand, what breed would you chose to do add silver duckwing?

4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I have yet to see a silver duckwing wyandotte, and wyandottes come in every color possible, I dont know why is not popular if its such a nice color, specially when you have full lacing on the bright Salmon breast..

I think thats because most wyandotte carry eb/eb instead and few if any carry e+/e+ wildtype(salmon breast) the closest I've seen that carry wildtype is the Red Pyle Wyandotte project birds, they would resemble gold duckwing(or black breasted reds)

[​IMG]

the dominance of e+ over eb would make this project quite easy to pull off

thanks, thats interesting, I dont like the lacing so plain old silver duckwing would be best, how would you go about breeding them? I ask you this because you seem to know it before hand, what breed would you chose to do add silver duckwing?

How would I do it? I would use silver duckwing welsummers, they have rich colored salmon breast and are silver based and good sized.... do the cross to silver pencilled wyandotte and get the F1 males or females mate them back to silver pencilled wyandottes(silver partridge) and select the best salmon breast hens and keep crossing them to wyandotte till I have the body and type

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by