Silver Gray Dorking Eggs Wanted in VA.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PTFarmer, Apr 27, 2008.

1. PTFarmer

PTFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Disputanta, Va.
    Anyone have or know where I can get any Silver Gray Dorking hatching eggs ?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Good luck. We have been looking for a couple of months ourselves. On occasion you can find some on eggbid or ovabid. This late in the season almost all eggs have been spoken for. You might consider contacting one of the big hatcheries, I think a couple of them might have some available in late July or August.

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    How many eggs are you looking for?

I'm located in North Carolina. I have 4 Silver Grey Dorking hens, 1 Red Dorking hen, and a Silver Phoenix hen all under a Silver Grey Dorking rooster. I can send you pictures of my Silver Grey's via email if you like.

-Kim

4. PTFarmer

PTFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Disputanta, Va.
    Kim,

If you could email me pics it would be great. I would love to get a dozen of the silver gray's if you had that many. LMK how much you want for them and I will send a paypal payment.

Thanks,
    Brian

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh my gosh, Kim! I can't believe I forgot. I'm glad you posted for PTFarmer... I could have let hubby know to see if you were around for Dorking eggs. [​IMG] I'm glad your girls are laying! [​IMG]

I'd like to know, too, for future reference... could you PM me? I did finally get a listing from Sunny Creek Farm, BTW... Thanks so much for the tip!
    [​IMG]

6. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
    I emailed both of ya!

-Kim

7. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:Do you know which eggs are the Red Dorking and the Silver Gray Dorking? I am interested in the Red Dorking but have plenty of the Silver Gray Dorkings already.

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:Do you know which eggs are the Red Dorking and the Silver Gray Dorking? I am interested in the Red Dorking but have plenty of the Silver Gray Dorkings already.

They wouldn't be pure, because the roo is a SGD, tho... [​IMG]

9. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008

No, unfortunately. I haven't been able to tell the eggs apart yet. The Red Dorking hen is being covered by the Silver Grey cock, so I wouldn't have pure reds. I don't have a Red Dorking cock, so she was stuck with the Silver Grey. I'm sorry.

-Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by