Silver Gray Dorking

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by K&H Chicken Farm, Feb 21, 2008.

1. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    My 11 year old son has decided that he wants to save the Dorking Chicken form extinction. LOL Now its my job to see if I can find any. We are still a couple weeks out from having a incubator up and going but will we are waiting I thought I would see if any one had any and would like to sell us some eggs, chicks or even hens/roo. We are planning to put together a breeding program that he is going to use for his 4-h project. We are starting to late to show this year at the fair but if we could get some birds this year he may be able to show one that he breed himself next.
    Thank You!
    Shelly and Kids

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    If you where in Canada I could send you some eggs. There are a few on this forum with them, but if that fails, you should be able to get eggs or chicks from sand hill preservation.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  3. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Any one else?[​IMG]

I starting to see why there on the endangered list. E-bay does not even have some.

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Ideal sells them.I have one hen from there.

5. Kiri

Kiri Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
  6. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    McMurry is the only one that has them right now. I was really hopping to find some one that could help us with a show line. We have time though we will keep looking.

Thank you all !

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    There's an article in this months issue of Hobby Farm that covers heritage breeds, the Dorking gets a good mention as a duel purpose breed. They also have a few pictures, the birds are lovely! I thought they were genetic hackles until I read the article.

8. K&H Chicken Farm

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Kyle (son) loves the idea about how old the breed is. He is also a Aspergers kid so when he makes up his mind about something there is little chance in him changing it. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by