Silver Grey Dorking screams almost nonstop!

SurferchickinSB

Free Ranging
6 Years
Feb 23, 2018
California
909970CA-4257-4C55-A6C6-F08875AF5527.jpeg
I don’t know what is wrong with one of my 8 chickens! It screams almost constantly and is very annoying! It mostly does it when it sees me. I work from home and spend a lot of time with my chickens and a lot of time observing their behavior. She was born April 16, 2018, maybe she is just crazy! Does anybody have experience with this breed? I know my neighbors must not like it! It just started about two weeks ago and I do not know how to quiet it down! Please, if anybody has any hints they can give me, it would be gratefully appreciated!

Attachments

• 7BFEAC82-D811-4675-9182-077FD7AE7FB2.jpeg
    7BFEAC82-D811-4675-9182-077FD7AE7FB2.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Some girls are just like that.
I had an easter egger once named coco. She was always talking or squalking about something.
I go out to my coop every evening and make sure all is ok and everyone is inside. I usually talk to them while i am doing this, and coco would be running her mouth thru all my conversation. I never had to look for her, her presence was always well known.
She was taken by a preditor 2 years ago and i still miss her!
Your girle may quiet down then again she might have lots to say on every subject and this is just who she is.
If its so bad to bother your neighbors you may have to rehome her.

Be thankful you don't have one of my roosters that screams at the top of his lungs in a high pitched voice every 2 seconds whenever certain hens are doing the egg song. It can go on for 30 minutes and more. If he didn't have a fantastic tremolo in his crowing I would probably get rid of him.

Some girls are just like that.
I had an easter egger once named coco. She was always talking or squalking about something.
I go out to my coop every evening and make sure all is ok and everyone is inside. I usually talk to them while i am doing this, and coco would be running her mouth thru all my conversation. I never had to look for her, her presence was always well known.
She was taken by a preditor 2 years ago and i still miss her!
Your girle may quiet down then again she might have lots to say on every subject and this is just who she is.
If its so bad to bother your neighbors you may have to rehome her.
Aww..That’s a cute story

Back
Top Bottom