Silver-grey Pausbackchen Is it Extinct?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by acy0029, Oct 30, 2011.

1. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
    I was looking through some chicken breed lithographs from 1899 and seen this breed, Silver-grey Pausbackchen I can't find any info on it sooooo... is it extinct?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:What an interesting looking bird! I've never heard of it, and it looks to have characteristics I can't align with any of today's common breeds in one breed...so perhaps!

The straight comb and winter-face are interesting, with the blue legs and saddle/hackle length...it looks like a straight combed silver Ameraucana, but the name is screaming European...I'd start looking at Dutch sites. They have the greatest diversity of birds- I'd look at Germany, too.

3. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
  4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:the hen seem to be spangled yet the roos don't? if I were to speculate on their correct genetic background I would say they must be Autosomal Barred based on Birchen(Silver E^R)..

their color should resemble Henks Bird
    [​IMG]

Edit. well after seen the pics in the posted links, seems they are Spangled and not Autosomal Barred,BUT the drawing is not correct for the rooster, its not showing the chest spangling..

5. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Chubby cheeks is a great name.

6. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
    Thanks for the links lots of cool birds I wonder if this color is extinct I didn't see any exactly like these. hour of research here I come! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:the color is not extint at all, just check gold spangled hamburgs,

8. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    Quote:The owl beard is a dutch breed with a V-shaped comb, but similar in type and beard.
    Never heard the thuringer bearded fowl being called that.
    Me want.

9. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:The owl beard is a dutch breed with a V-shaped comb, but similar in type and beard.
    Never heard the thuringer bearded fowl being called that.
    Me want.

I didn't follow up on it, but the place I saw them called that was a page that was translated by Google...I should have looked further [​IMG]

I want them, too!! I think it wouldn't be hard to make...and there goes my project brain, off and running again!!!!

Henk, when will you get together with Radirev and ship me some birds? I'm going to need to work on you boys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by