Silver Grey Phoenix pullet??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jenichick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I have this Phoenix pullet named Princess, and she is the loudest most talkative chicken I have. She cackles constantly and always on alert mode. Does any one else have a Phoenix and are they all that loud all the time? Seriously she never stops talking....and she's the only one out of all 17 that does this....

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I have a silver Pheonix hen/pullett. She is laying now. She does talk quite a bit more than some of the other hens...but she isnt loud at all. Funny thing...her name is Princess as well!!
    Here she is!
    [​IMG]

This is her mate... King. Its an older pic..he is MUCH prettier now.

[​IMG]

3. Hellebore

Hellebore Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Kirkland WA
    We also have a Silver Phoenix pullet. She is about 22 weeks old. She is by far the most vocal of our pullets. Her name is Tofu. My daughter, who is a vegetarian, named her that for a joke and it has stuck. She hasn't laid an egg yet, but this morning she was in the nest for about 45 minutes, sounding off the whole time. She is also very friendly and easy to handle. I like her a lot and would love to have more like her.

4. jenichick

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Wow thanks!

justusnak - Funny they're both named Princess, that is so cool, yours and mine look a lot a like.

Hellebore - nice name, I love the Hellebore flowers...... mine is by far the most vocal, and when I say loud, I don't mean a high volume, just very "look at me" "I'm watching you" attitude goin on....that's why I named her "Princess", she seemed like the most social etc.

She is the only one I have laying now at 19 weeks, she leaves me a little pullet egg every day. At least I think it's her.

Great, maybe I'll get a couple more.

5. Hellebore

Hellebore Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Kirkland WA
    Does Princess lay very white eggs? We got an egg about a week ago that was tinted beige and I think it was from our SLW, but I didn't see her lay it.

I love Hellebores as well and I when I signed up I didn't realize my screen name would be some prominently displayed and that most people have chicken names!! Oh well.

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Phoenix usually lay white eggs, they can be tinted though. SLW lay brown eggs. [​IMG]

7. jenichick

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Oh well, hmmmm. I've been getting a little beige pullet egg almost every day, I thought it was her. Then I've been getting a slightly larger darker (more colored) egg every other day. Since I've only been getting one egg a day, maybe I have two pullets laying every other day. I need to be home to watch and see who's laying that egg! I will watch this weekend.

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

My Princess lays a small....very egg shaped...( almost pointy on one end) creamy colored egg. Almost white....but not totally. I know for SURE it is hers...I have seen her lay. She is sooo sweet...if she knows I am out there at lay time...she will run to the door and chatter to me....then to the nest..and back and forth untill I come in to "watch" SPOILED!!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by