Silver Lace Wyandotte

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Katy, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

OK...I did what I thought I wouldn't do again......buy chicks. I was at our local Orscheln's yesterday and they had day old SLW pullets there....so I came home with 8 of them. One I don't think is going to survive, but it was getting trampled so I brought it home so it could at least die in peace. Out of 2 batches of SLW eggs I've only hatched one chick and it was a rooster. I don't really plan on breeding these....I just think they're pretty and they'll go in my layer flock. They'll fit right in with the ones that hatched last week-end and this week.

2. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Isn't it terrible I have been to the feed store 2 times in a week and both times came home with chicks or poults :O)..
    do ya think we have a problem?? HAHA

so where are the photos?? our feed store is getting in silver laced and gold laced next weekend.. (smile) now why would I know that???
    Denna

3. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I just bid on 25 straight run SLW. But I've got someone to take a few. I worry about me sometimes! [​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yes, I think we have a problem!! I haven't bought any chicks for probably 4 or 5 years. I had decided that I was just gonna hatch what I wanted...either from my eggs or shipped eggs. Since the SLW eggs have pretty much been a bust so far I couldn't say no to those little cuties!!

5. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    All of our feed stores have sold out of chicks before we could get there. That probably a good thing, they are just so much fun.[​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

One of these days I may get another one since I lost my Lacy, but right now, my plate is filling up fast.

7. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Yeah!!!!! Now where are the pictures!!! [​IMG]

8. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Orschlens is eeeevvvviilllllll [​IMG]
    Don't they KNOW I have too many?
    How on earth could they sell me 2 more cutie wittle fluffy wuffys? HOW?? Evil I tell yoU!!

Dang, they're cute tho. I couldn't resist the SLW charms. [​IMG]

9. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

It took me an additional half an hour to leave when I took my 6yr old daughter. But thankfully we did not get anything. Last Tuesday my niece and I went in there and they had a sick duckling. The manager gave her to my niece, to take home and care for it. I bought game feed. The duckling died that night, my niece was heartbroken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by