Silver Lace Wynadotte - Updated Pictures! - "She" is 6 Weeks old Now - What Gender?

Here are some updated pics of my SLW at now, 9 weeks old. Its finally getting some nicer feathering, even some 'lacing' on the chest. Still no crowing. Just waiting to find out if its a pullet or not.
I would also like to know if it is normal for the comb/wattle to sometimes be redish and sometimes not. Its like the color drains out sometimes.

Last edited:
Here are some updated pics of my SLW at now, 9 weeks old. Its finally getting some nicer feathering, even some 'lacing' on the chest. Still no crowing. Just waiting to find out if its a pullet or not.
I would also like to know if it is normal for the comb/wattle to sometimes be redish and sometimes not. Its like the color drains out sometimes.

I'm really not sure on the gender. The color looks female, but the comb and wattles are rather large, and the legs look thick. The stance is also quite upright. I just don't know! I will tentatively guess female, though.

As for your second question, combs and wattles do tend to fluctuate in color. I've found that when its very hot or very cold out, my birds lose color in their wattles. This also happens when my birds are relaxed. When they are actively moving around, or when the temperature is around 70 degrees or so, their comb and wattles are a nice bright red color.

Last edited:
I think it's a pullet-alot of hatchery girls will have a bigger comb than you would normally get. The thing that stands out for me, is she has more white around her head area-and that's more of a pullet trait.

Wynadottes 7, I see that her stance is pretty erect in those photos. That isn't how she usually stands or walks around. I have a low quality phone camera I was using to try to get her picture, and so I had to seperate and corner her. She was pretty upset and calling to her friends. Usually she has a more normal, horizontal body carriage. We'll see if this "she" is a "he". ;-} I keep wondering, but I guess only time will tell.

I want to see some new pictures of your Lacey! How does she look now? Our Flash is finally starting to look a little more "normal". I can't wait until she's full grown!

Lacey is 14 weeks now and definitely a pullet and getting prettier by the day!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom