Silver Laced Black Giant????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, Apr 7, 2011.

1. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    old post and has been removed by BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    I Think A Rooster Is Pictured....btw.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  3. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

i've never heard of them either. I think they must have typed something wrong on the sheet. The in your bottom three pics looks like a BR to me. None of the chicks in the top picture seem to have the silver laced down patern... but hey if one grows out like it we want pics [​IMG]

4. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Ya know, all of them but the one i could catch (they're a week old and FAST) have silver lacing in their wings? That is def my luck.....lol....i looked at the catalog too....It also says SILVER LACED BLACK GIANT. The Hatchery is a small specialized hatchery dedicated to low prices on seven breeds of heavy chickens, White Turkeys, Pearl Guineas, and White Pekin Ducks at amazingly low prices....The catalog pictures: RIR, Golden Reds (sex link), Black Sex Link, Jumbo White Cornish X Rocks, Barred Rocks, Barred Silver (another HUH? from me) and White Leghorns.....I had never ordered from them before but because it was only thirty-five dollars for a COD order of 27 chicks with the economy like it is I had to jump at that price.....Still no clue about the Barred Silver Roosters or The Silver Laced Black Giant.....Maybe they're talking about Barred Rocks that have some kind of genetic defect they sell at discounted prices????? IDK

5. PromiseLand

PromiseLand Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2007
    Concord, California
    Its not a TYPO they have been selling these chics for years,... 11 plus or so.

6. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Quote:What do they look like? A friend online just told me they ordered the came special last year and said they would look like a barred rock hen only black with silver barring instead of grey/blue? Is this true?

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    It may not be a typo, but it is definitely a misinformed or uninformed seller!

The chicks shown are merely just barred in color, obviously the seller doesn't want to consider such, and thus puts a spiffy name to them. They're most likely Barred Rocks or some other sort of mutt, as for the weight. . . . Even that I'd question.

8. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    No matter what they are.....probably Barred Rock......I will love them and enjoy the meat and eggs that they will provide. Thank you all for your input!

9. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Are you all talking about Reich Poultry Farms in Marietta, PA?

A friend here in Arkansas just ordered some from them. Their website does not list any by this name.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by