1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Laced & Columbian Bantam cochin cockerels

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by ShysCreations, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

First cockerel is one of this year's hatch from my project pen working toward silver laced bantam cochins. The cockerel has yellow feet, good foot feathering, proper eyes. He's from a columbian x silver laced mating. The lacing is not defined on him, but that's why its a project in the making. He would be a useful for someone to breed to hatchery quality hens. He will provide better body type upon hatchery birds and help carry along the lacing gene. He's a tad yellow in the hackle. He's priced at $8 as I'd like to move him. Shipping is $55.

Second cockerel is a columbian hatched this year. Nice male who came from Dick Horstman's flock. The cockerel has yellow feet, good foot feathering, proper eyes. He's a tad yellow in the hackle. Wide chest but would like to see a wider cushion if I were to keep him. But for someone looking to breed columbian he is a good start. He'd even be good for a silver laced project to help improve body type off of hatchery birds. He's priced at $10. Shipping is $55.
    Both will be going to our local swap on Nov 10 if not sold prior. No females available for either one. But if you want both boys, I'll knock $10 off total price. First person to reply as "SOLD" (indicate what cockerel you want or both) and full payment made, will receive 1 or both
    I include watermelon or cantaloupe in the box for moisture. Payment only by paypal to [email protected]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by