Silver Laced Polish Bantam? Tell me all about them!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PaintedMeadows, Jun 23, 2008.

1. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    My almost 8 year old daughter really wants a Silver Laced Polish Bantam. She has lost both of her horses and her dog recently so we are thinking of one for her birthday in september or maybe sooner. I have a bunch of questions though. Are they cold harder? We live in northern Canada and it gets quite cold here. They do have an insulated and heated coop but still.... Also, how docile are they? What all should I know about them? Also, is there anyone in Alberta or Canada that sells them?

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

You might have a really hard time finding any, you might even have to end up getting them shipped to you. Or, if you aren't planning on showing them, maybe you could order them from a hatchery?

3. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    They do NOT do good in cold. You would have to keep them in a heated coop at all times, when it is below 40. They will also need to drink out of a fountain that you attach to a water bottle. They can get their crest wet and freeze.

Here is a site for you to check out.

http://groups.msn.com/PolishChickens/messageboard.msnw

4. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    Thank you. I don't think we will get her one then. It gets really cold here. -40c regularly. Thanks for the info!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by