Silver laced polish

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
5 Years
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
I would assume Silver as well as Golden are meant to imply Silver and Golden Laced. I'd have to check my APA standard book to be sure. But I'm almost positive they are.

HouseDuckarian

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2019
I was able to acquire 8 chicks, and i am considering trying to show if i have any of quality grow out. We live in a small rural area of east texas, and i would do it for a hobby, but i do love these polish chickens and they are scarce down here.

Bo Garrett

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 19, 2009
Yes, they are accepted by the APA and ABA as silver not silver laced the only accepted laced variety by name is Buff Laced Polish. Silvers are indeed rare, from whom did you get your chicks? Dick Horstman has some nice bantam silvers.

Bo

HouseDuckarian

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2019
I have a friend who works at TSC(I know i know) and they got 12 silver polish Wednesday morning, she called as soon as they picked them up. She said that she had never seen them before and she has worked there for years. I know most feed stores around here order from Ideal Poultry. I will message her tomorrow and ask if she knows where they ordered from. These will probably end up just being pet quality, which i am ok with too, gives me something to learn with, but there is always the chance that I could get lucky and have a ringer in there

Last edited:

Top Bottom