Silver laced rooster question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thomptribe10, Dec 29, 2011.

1. thomptribe10

thomptribe10 New Egg

Dec 28, 2011
    We recently were given a rooster with the purchase of all of this man's hens. He told me that this silver laced rooster was registered and he does have a number band on his foot. I can't figure out any information on registered roosters though, and I would like to sell or trade him, but not until I figure out more info. Can anyone help? Thanks

2. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    I've never heard of such a thing so let's hope someone has an answer here?

[​IMG]

3. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I have never heard of a chicken being registered. He might be registered in something himself, but I don't think the rooster would. I keep a brood book and will use bands to identify a chicken (parents, age, breed, etc.). [​IMG]

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I did find this.....
    Registering your flock
    If you have 50 or more birds you must register your flock. You must do this even if you only have 50 or more birds for part of the year. If you have fewer than 50 birds you do not have to register, but Defra encourage keepers to do so on a voluntary basis. This is to help alert owners in case of disease outbreaks.

...http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environmentandgreenerliving/Smallholders/DG_189309

Not sure where you are located....there are different rules and regulations depending on where you live.​

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Pretty sure it's a registration of NPIP. Each bird tested had a numbered band placed on their legs...Or...it's HIS way of keeping track of his breeding..silver laced what?

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    might be a tag on the roosters breed club page for them to help the owner keep track of him and his offspring but i have never heard of a chicken of any type being registered...after 10 post can please post a pic of the rooster and the band you are talking about for us to see and futher help you

7. thomptribe10

thomptribe10 New Egg

Dec 28, 2011
    thanks
    He is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. Trying to figure out how to post pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by