Silver Laced Wyandotte bantams.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by grapefoxx, Feb 7, 2008.

1. grapefoxx

grapefoxx New Egg

Feb 7, 2008
    Just wanted to know if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction? I'm looking for Silver Laced Wyandotte bantams but haven't had much luck locating any. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreiate it. Thanks

2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    If you really like the breed, join the American Wyandotte Breeders club. David LeFeber is the secretary, he also has some great silver laced wyandotte bantams. We have some but more than likely wont have eggs, we are trying to build our flocks up.

3. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    ideal hatchery has them, no idea as to quality.

4. grapefoxx

grapefoxx New Egg

Feb 7, 2008
    Thanks for the help. I have tried to find the Wyandotte Breeders website but it keeps coming up site not found. I know the site exists because I've been to it in the past. As for Ideal hatchery I've been considering them but am reluctant because I don't realy know what quality of birds I will get. I'm not looking for show stock but I would like find decent birds that are true to type and variety. If anybody knows anything about the quality of what you get from Ideal or has any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

5. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    grape, I know what you mean as I've been trying to find partridge wyandotte bantams. It's like looking for needle in haystack. Everyone says they are around but try to find them w/o paying an arm/leg for them. I just want 6 or so, that makes Mcmurray hatchery out of question as they are the only ones who have them that I can find.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by