Silver Laced Wyandotte cock

catwalk

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Actually, he's probably crossed with an Ameracauna, as he sports a muff. He has a more upright stance as well. I saw him on the sidewalk at the edge of town the other day, and I decided to go and catch him. I'm the only one with chickens in town, and I didn't want the folk around here to think it was mine and I was letting them loose to terrorize the town. I was saved the trouble, though, as I found him in a box outside my door today! He likely got lost in the other week's wind storm. I got a call from someone that day who had a bird fitting his description wandering his yard. He was wondering if it was mine; well, I guess he is now!

He has a wound on his back from an unidentified street tangle, but it is being treated and he will get the royal show bird treatment before he leaves here! I will be at the Ohio Nationals, so I can bring him there, but I'm not hauling him around unless I have a committment from someone to take him. You can consider the last two weeks as quarantine, I suppose. If he is to remain here, he can frolick with the Silkies and Seramas until the swap meets in the spring.
31816_img_1546.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom