Silver Laced Wyandotte Cockerel or Pullet

Rebekahc

Hatching
May 17, 2023
IMG_8752.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg

I allegedly bought 6 silver laced Wyandotte pullets…I believe they are 4-5 weeks old. I know that’s technically too early to tell, but is this one giving major signs he might be a cockerel? His tail feathers are developing slower than the others, but he’s the only one with a raised comb at this point. His wing coloration also looks more consistent with a male? I have a home for him if he is in fact a cockerel, but I’m just curious! Or am I being impatient and need to give them a few more weeks? Ha!

View attachment 3530151View attachment 3530152
I allegedly bought 6 silver laced Wyandotte pullets…I believe they are 4-5 weeks old. I know that’s technically too early to tell, but is this one giving major signs he might be a cockerel? His tail feathers are developing slower than the others, but he’s the only one with a raised comb at this point. His wing coloration also looks more consistent with a male? I have a home for him if he is in fact a cockerel, but I’m just curious! Or am I being impatient and need to give them a few more weeks? Ha!
I think it’s a cockerel, although it is strange that it has a single comb…

Back
Top Bottom