silver laced Wyandotte pullets

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by furry, Jul 18, 2010.

1. furry

furry In the Brooder

Jul 12, 2010
    Lisle, Illinois
    Three silver laced Wyandotte pullets. 20 weeks old, started laying a week ago. Hand raised, very tame. I live in Lisle, a western Chicago suburb. Either pick up here or I could deliver them locally. Very pretty chickens, and reputed to be very cold hardy. Perfect for starter backyard flock.

2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I can get P.O.L pullets for $5, I think $17 each is a bit much, just letting you know so you can find homes for them.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Agreed Are these Breeder/Show Quality or hatchery stock ?

4. furry

furry In the Brooder

Jul 12, 2010
    Lisle, Illinois
    Thanks for the input. I'm new to chickens, but when I was looking for started SLW pullets, I couldn't find them anywhere. The hatcheries had started red stars and black stars for about $13 each, plus shipping. That's what I based my price on. I got these girls as day old chicks from a nearby hatchery. A friend and I split the minimum order, and I fortunately ended up with extra pullets. I'm not looking to make money on these girls, price is negotiable if they go to an excellent home. Anyone in the western suburbs looking to join the backyard chicken trend? They've been laying perfect brown eggs for about two weeks now.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    mmm I cant get POL pullets for 5$ anywhere locally... I sell mine for 15$ each-of course mine are not hatchery either- If it were a hatchery girl I would pay 10$--just because they are already laying-

6. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Sent you a PM.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I would sell hatchery pullets for ten to fifteen dollars....it cost alot to get up to that point. It is up to the OP's decision what price she wants to sell them. If you dont like the price she lists, at least offer her an offer and see if she will accept or reject your offers.

8. apc

apc Songster

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    Quote:Agreed. I sell hatchery pullets for $10 , and thats at 3 months old [​IMG] people eat them up. I think its a fair price for a pet. Hamsters go for more [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by