1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver laced Wyandotte - roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by angnic22, Nov 1, 2016.

1. angnic22

angnic22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2016
    Hi all. I got a couple day old chicks from MPC early October. Supposed to be female. One has reddish comb and other is black. Do y'all think this is a male?

[​IMG]

Both. Suspect roo on top.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance! These are my first Wyandottes. I may have room for another roo so it mainly out of curiosity.

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Overrun With Chickens

3. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi. [​IMG]

I think it's really too early to tell. I have raised a few this year. Not all combs conformed to the standard, one is even a straight comb. [​IMG] The most tell tell signs were the waddles being so big and red close to 6 weeks when I did end up with 2 boys.

MPC is good about maintaining their policy, so they will refund you if needed. [​IMG] But that does little good when you have to rehome it or worse do without your intended number of hens.

Congrats on your babies! [​IMG]

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I also think it's a bit too early to know for sure. [​IMG] Maybe you could post updates in a few weeks?

~Alex

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    much too early to tell

6. angnic22

angnic22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2016
    I'll keep y'all posted. It was worth asking. 6 weeks isn't far away. Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by