Silver laced wyandotte sick or injured...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickmagnet1218, Mar 8, 2015.

1. chickmagnet1218

chickmagnet1218 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015
    Hi everyone,
    We are new chick owners. We bought our chicks when they were one week old about two weeks ago; 13 RIR and 2 silver laced wyandottes. Everything was going great up until three days ago when our silver laced started showing signs of weakness, hard time walking or not walking at all, yesterday morning one of them died. The other is still with us but I do not believe that she is eating or drinking on her own because I have kept a close watch on her and she barely moves except to get out of the range of the heat lamp. I have to place her on the feeder for her to eat and give her water with a dropper, we started using sulmet yesterday and bought electrolytes and probiotics to put in her water, the sulmet is in the water container in the brooder for her and the other chicks and we alternate droppers of sulmet and the electrolytes and probiotics every 1 1/2 to 2 hours giving 2ml of each every time. The RIR chicks are perfectly fine and showing signs of growth and new feathers but the silver laced although looks different and bigger from the day we brought her home is not growing new feathers like the other birds. Any glue what could be causing her to act this way or anything else that we can do or not do that might help her get better would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by