Silver Laced Wyandottes.....are they both males?

Hezz

Songster
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Poconos, Pennsylvania
I got these little guys(?) when they were about 4-5 weeks old. They are now around 9 weeks. The one I am almost positive is a male, but the other is questionable. I have another that has a smaller comb, and it's still pinkish in color, but these two are constantly causing a ruckus in the box, and I noticed that both of the combs are quite red, and larger than the other one. They were supposed to be pullets, but apparently not. They also seem to be a bit aggresive toward each other and the pullets.

What do you guys think, both cockerels, or one cockerel and a pullet?

The top two pics are of the one in question, the bottom two are of the one i'm quite positive is a cockerel.

Silkie Chick,

The one in the second photo is the same bird as the one in the first photo. The top two photos are the one I wasn't sure about, and the bottom two photos are the one I was quite sure of.

Both look like cockerels to me.
da76ddcb-1.jpg
Here is my girl at the same age
7a657159.jpg
d5ac75c3.jpg
a couple of weeks older..
_MG_4593.jpg
last week. She still isn't laying :/ Hurry up Dott! She's 7 months old now :barnie

:th Whoops. Sorry, I was a little tired. That sick baby chick takes more out of me than I thought . :fl I am just very sidetracked hoping it will survive. Should have read your post better, my response is very confusing... I am a little confused myself.

Thanks everyone. I thought I was correct, but was a bit confused because the first one doesn't have a whole lot of white on it, as a matter of fact he has very little white on him, but the comb gave it away. LOL!

I have someone coming to pick them up today. No roo's allowed to bother my hens! Haha!

Aoxa, She is a beautiful hen! I hope mine grows up as pretty!

Last edited:
Hezz! It was great meeting you today!! Thanks so much for the ? boys!!!

Just so you can rest assured that they're in a good home, here's the scene at our house right now:

They're hangin' out on the couch with the kiddos!!

Thanks again!
Helga

Back
Top Bottom