Silver Laced Wyandottes F/S - pickup only in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Jan 19, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    My partner has 2 trios for sale (2 hens and a rooster) for $50 each trio. He will add an extra hen for $20. These birds are under a year old. If I recall correctly, from March 2007 hatch. We do not want to ship these, so pick up would be in Slatington, PA only. Cash to be paid at pickup. Feel free to email me with any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Ahh, pooie to bad im not close enough to you [​IMG]

3. peacebird

peacebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Virginia
    I wish you were closer.... they are gorgeous..... But looks like a 6 hour drive each way for me.

You sure they can't be shipped?

4. sadieH5836

sadieH5836 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Egg Harbor
    I would be interested
    Could we possible meet somewhere?
    And would he be interested in selling only hens?

5. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Sadie, where are you located or where would you want to meet? I guess it would depend on how far because his truck is in the shop and it would be up to me to transport them and well, I don't really like to drive far from home to be honest.

I am sure he would sell just hens at $20 each and just eat the roosters. There is a total of 6 hens available. A couple of their backs and neck feathers are worn down from breeding, so may need saddles (which I might have here to put on them..I have to go look). Their feathers do regrow well if they are not around roosters or with using the saddles.

Peacebird...I may change my mind if we can't sell locally, but at this time I am only considering pickup and generally don't have any problems selling them locally. I just thought I'd throw it out to this group first to see if anyone was looking. If they don't sell, I would consider shipping Express when it warms up a bit.

Jody

6. peacebird

peacebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Virginia
    I would love to have one or two of the hens, so please keep me in mind if you can't find homes closer!

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I still have 2 hens and 2 roos available. $30 for a pair (hen and roo) or $40 for a trio(2 hens and a roo) or $50 for all 4 birds.

I still prefer pickup, but peacebird you will be notified first if we decide to ship. Thanks.

Jody

8. njhilbilli

njhilbilli Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2008
    Hiya hink!
    First let me just sayagain "thanks" for my baby blues - I'll let you know in two weeks! tHOSE wYANDOTTES ARE BEAUTIFUL!
    Don't you guys want to start breeding them? My first brood included a gold-laced "mutt", and thankfully, Tiptoe is still with us. Jeez, she's almost five...
    I just drove out to Pottsville last week - 80W to 81S - did I fly right past you? Felt like I was half way to Ohio. If they don't adopt out, I'd make the road trip, but it would be a few weeks yet. Will eggs or chicks become available in the future?

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You're welcome for the 'baby blues'. I hope they do well for you. As for the wyandottes, we have decided to discontinue working with them and are selling out. We have several projects lined up for this year and really want to keep our focus on the breeds that interest us most. It's always an adventure around here. lol Give me a hollar next time you're passing through.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by