Silver Laced Wyandottes- Sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fisherkat, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Fisherkat

Fisherkat Hatching

Apr 6, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I seemed to get three out of the four in the same picture. I know I have roosters.. I dont know why Im having such a hard time telling the roos from the pullets.. because because all 4 are roos ?[​IMG] What do you think of the three?

http://photos.walmart.com/slideshow...4/a=10320825_10320825/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/

What is going to help me to tell what is what, I should KNOW by this point ;-) I figured out my marans rather easily.

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    The picture is hard to see close enough to tell for sure, but I believe the two on the right are roos, and the slw on the right is a pullet (??). The front right I am 99% sure is a roo.

This is JUST a guess, I would need better pictures of them to tell for sure. An individual picture of each would really help.

How old are they?

3. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Songster

They look just like my Georgie. I have 3 SLW chicks and at 4 weeks Georgie's comb was redder than the other 2. At 8 weeks he looks just like the ones in your pictures, and the other 2 still don't have that color in the comb.

With that said, I am not 100% certain Georgie is a boy yet. I am always a skeptic.

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Cockerels.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yep....roos

6. magsrags

magsrags Songster

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    I just raised up 3 slw from hatch..my first of this breed..and the 2 roos by about 5 weeks old had VERY red combs.... as compared to the hen which stayed yellow. Even now at 8 weeks old.... her comb is still yellow.

7. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Yep, I'd say roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: