Silver Laced Wyandottes- Sex?

Fisherkat

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Upstate New York
I seemed to get three out of the four in the same picture. I know I have roosters.. I dont know why Im having such a hard time telling the roos from the pullets.. because because all 4 are roos ?
What do you think of the three?

http://photos.walmart.com/slideshow...4/a=10320825_10320825/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/

What is going to help me to tell what is what, I should KNOW by this point ;-) I figured out my marans rather easily.

SpringChickens

Songster
11 Years
Feb 1, 2009
Lexington, KY
The picture is hard to see close enough to tell for sure, but I believe the two on the right are roos, and the slw on the right is a pullet (??). The front right I am 99% sure is a roo.

This is JUST a guess, I would need better pictures of them to tell for sure. An individual picture of each would really help.

How old are they?

Uppity Peon

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Willamette Valley, OR
They look just like my Georgie. I have 3 SLW chicks and at 4 weeks Georgie's comb was redder than the other 2. At 8 weeks he looks just like the ones in your pictures, and the other 2 still don't have that color in the comb.

With that said, I am not 100% certain Georgie is a boy yet. I am always a skeptic.

magsrags

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Staten Island NY
I just raised up 3 slw from hatch..my first of this breed..and the 2 roos by about 5 weeks old had VERY red combs.... as compared to the hen which stayed yellow. Even now at 8 weeks old.... her comb is still yellow.

Top Bottom