Silver Laced Wyandottes- Sex?

Fisherkat

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Upstate New York
I seemed to get three out of the four in the same picture. I know I have roosters.. I dont know why Im having such a hard time telling the roos from the pullets.. because because all 4 are roos ?
lol.png
What do you think of the three?

http://photos.walmart.com/slideshow...4/a=10320825_10320825/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/

What is going to help me to tell what is what, I should KNOW by this point ;-) I figured out my marans rather easily.

The picture is hard to see close enough to tell for sure, but I believe the two on the right are roos, and the slw on the right is a pullet (??). The front right I am 99% sure is a roo.

This is JUST a guess, I would need better pictures of them to tell for sure. An individual picture of each would really help.

How old are they?

They look just like my Georgie. I have 3 SLW chicks and at 4 weeks Georgie's comb was redder than the other 2. At 8 weeks he looks just like the ones in your pictures, and the other 2 still don't have that color in the comb.

With that said, I am not 100% certain Georgie is a boy yet. I am always a skeptic.

I just raised up 3 slw from hatch..my first of this breed..and the 2 roos by about 5 weeks old had VERY red combs.... as compared to the hen which stayed yellow. Even now at 8 weeks old.... her comb is still yellow.

Back
Top Bottom