1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver laced wyandottes sexing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Beastie, May 6, 2016.

1. Beastie

Beastie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2014
    I have 6 straight run silver laced wyandottes that we purchased from TS. They're about 5 weeks old and I THINK I have 4 girls and 2 boys. What do you guys think? [​IMG]

2. Beastie

Mar 11, 2014
    Ugh it's not letting me do more than one image hold on...

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Those are not pure wyandottes but they are roos. Pure wyandottes dont have single combs.

4. Beastie

Mar 11, 2014
    Ugh, it's not letting me upload for some reason.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  5. Staralbright

Staralbright New Egg

May 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Having issue with my account so I made a new one real quick. Here they are. They're hatchery birds and from what I've read from several searches a lot of breeders breed straight comb into the wyandottes to increase fertility.

6. Staralbright

Staralbright New Egg

May 6, 2016
    [​IMG] I created a new account because something is going wrong with my other one. Here they are, they're hatchery stock and from my understanding a lot of breeders breed in single comb to help with fertility.

7. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Theres 2 roos the first pic and the one under it. And i think they look ugly with single combs but if your not breeding it wont matter. Don't expect to get eggs out of them this year.

8. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Are you sure they're SL Wynadottes? Think you may have something else of a mix of some kind (the joys of feed store purchases). The 1st picture of two are Cockerels. The row of six going from left to right, I'm guessing 1, 2, 3, 5 are Cockerels 4, 6 Pullets....I could be wrong.

9. Beastie

Mar 11, 2014
    They're wyandottes, they had a mix of different variety wyandottes though. They're hatchery stock so I don't expect them to be too true to breed. I won't be keeping roos so I could care less about the comb lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by